Will the UN adopt a post-2015 Sustainable Development Goal addressing urbanisation and human settlements? The draft for the new goals will be agreed early in June, before going to the UN General Assembly for what is expected to be formal endorsement. Thus this month is crucial, and planners, other construction professions, urban researchers and civic bodies need to be making their voices heard quickly. Read more on Why the world needs an urban post-2015 Sustainable Development Goal…
Posts Tagged: urban
Planning & Regeneration Jobs
Search this blog
- Councils should publish enforcement plans, says watchdog
- Elizabeth House scheme approved by Lambeth for second time
- Developer sumbits plans for 7,000-home Cardiff urban extension
- 240-turbine North Sea offshore wind farm wins secretary of state approval
- Britain has 'masses of room for more people'
- Green belt should not be sacrosanct, says report
- Appeal Court rejects fresh HS2 challenge
- Lords defeat government again on judicial review reforms
- Judge hurts landlord in pocket for flouting planning rules
- Spending cuts 'should not squeeze out good planning'
Latest @CliffHague tweets
agglomeration American Planning Association Chicago China Climate change Commonwealth Association of Planners Commonwealth Secretariat Conservation culture Cyprus economic development ESPON Food security Housing ICLEI India innovation Ireland Latvia localism London Migration Participation planning planning education planning for growth planning in the Commonwealth rapid urbanisation Rapid urbanization regional development Regions Resilience Royal Town Planning Institute RTPI slums State of the Commonwealth's Cities Suburbs sustainable development territorial cohesion tourism UN-Habitat urbanisation urban planning Urban regeneration Water