Today I have been to Nablus and followed the River Jordan down to Jericho. I have spoken to a conference, eaten falafel in the bazaar, talked with the most remarkable mayor I have ever met, and come to better understand the significance of water and land in this arid regions. The more I try, the harder it becomes to untangle the issues that are preventing planning in the West Bank from delivering safe, inclusive, prosperous and sustainable settlements.
Posts Tagged: Bedouin
Planning & Regeneration Jobs
- Planning Officers x4 , Westminster City Council , City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Senior Planners, RPS, Abingdon, Bristol & Leeds
- Planning Officer, Vivid Resourcing, West Midlands Region
- Associate Planner, Vivid Resourcing, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Senior Planning Officer, Osborne Richardson, South East London
Search this blog
- Councils should publish enforcement plans, says watchdog
- Elizabeth House scheme approved by Lambeth for second time
- Developer sumbits plans for 7,000-home Cardiff urban extension
- 240-turbine North Sea offshore wind farm wins secretary of state approval
- Britain has 'masses of room for more people'
- Green belt should not be sacrosanct, says report
- Appeal Court rejects fresh HS2 challenge
- Lords defeat government again on judicial review reforms
- Judge hurts landlord in pocket for flouting planning rules
- Spending cuts 'should not squeeze out good planning'
Latest @CliffHague tweets
agglomeration American Planning Association Chicago China Climate change Commonwealth Association of Planners Commonwealth Secretariat Conservation culture Cyprus economic development ESPON Food security Housing ICLEI India innovation Ireland Latvia localism London Migration Participation planning planning education planning for growth planning in the Commonwealth rapid urbanisation Rapid urbanization regional development Regions Resilience Royal Town Planning Institute RTPI slums State of the Commonwealth's Cities Suburbs sustainable development territorial cohesion tourism UN-Habitat urbanisation urban planning Urban regeneration Water