Last week I was in Pakistan, speaking at an international conference on Town Planning and Urban Management. It was an opportunity to revisit Lahore for the first time in 20 years and to experience the grandeur and vibrancy of this great city, which encapsulates the opportunities and challenges of rapid urbanisation in this part of Asia. Read more on Planning a growing metropolis: Lahore…
Monthly Archives: October 2014
Planning & Regeneration Jobs
Search this blog
- Councils should publish enforcement plans, says watchdog
- Elizabeth House scheme approved by Lambeth for second time
- Developer sumbits plans for 7,000-home Cardiff urban extension
- 240-turbine North Sea offshore wind farm wins secretary of state approval
- Britain has 'masses of room for more people'
- Green belt should not be sacrosanct, says report
- Appeal Court rejects fresh HS2 challenge
- Lords defeat government again on judicial review reforms
- Judge hurts landlord in pocket for flouting planning rules
- Spending cuts 'should not squeeze out good planning'
Latest @CliffHague tweets
agglomeration American Planning Association Chicago China Climate change Commonwealth Association of Planners Commonwealth Secretariat Conservation culture Cyprus economic development ESPON Food security Housing ICLEI India innovation Ireland Latvia localism London Migration Participation planning planning education planning for growth planning in the Commonwealth rapid urbanisation Rapid urbanization regional development Regions Resilience Royal Town Planning Institute RTPI slums State of the Commonwealth's Cities Suburbs sustainable development territorial cohesion tourism UN-Habitat urbanisation urban planning Urban regeneration Water